When do ships sail to DPRK laden with food & meds for malnourished children & their families? When?
The Three Leaders Who Created The Singapore Korean Summit Photos: Creative Commons
Without hesitation we congratulate the leaders of the People’s Democratic Republic of Korea and the United States on establishing a commitment to end the Korean War.
On June 12, 2018 history was truly made. Congratulations Messrs. Trump and Kim. Also congratulations to President Moon Jae-in of South Korea whose extraordinary diplomacy led the world to this day.
The statement letter of the two leaders and Donald Trump’s press briefing that followed today’s proceedings in Singapore are vague but high in the spirit of Trump electioneering. If the future talks stay on the course set by Trump’s speech, no matter how long the process of normalizing the DPRK might run, this is a very good start.
Here is the joint statement of Chairman Kim Jong-un & President Donald Trump:
|THE WHITE HOUSE – Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 12, 2018
Joint Statement of President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea at the Singapore Summit
President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) held a first, historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018.
President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive, in-depth, and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new U.S.–DPRK relations and the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
Convinced that the establishment of new U.S.–DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean Peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:
Having acknowledged that the U.S.–DPRK summit—the first in history—was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulations in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the U.S. Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the U.S.–DPRK summit.
President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new U.S.–DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.
Here are three immediate concerns relating to the DPRK Side
Without finger-pointing the world needs to see the people in these horrible kwanliso detention centres rehabilitated back to their homes or wherever on Earth they want to go within their means and assistance that should be provided by the DPRK State or whomever is willing. The gulags must then be shut down.
Above: Map of prison camps in DPRK including kwanliso. Art: United Nations Human Rights Council
Secondly, the Human Rights atrocities listed here must be addressed.
Thirdly, the political indoctrination system that bullies classes of people in the DPRK must be immediately shutdown.
Mr. Kim has the potential of being a great leader on his own merits hence the totalitarian trappings of past doctrinists are like dinosaurs that don’t belong in our time. Also, they comprise crimes against humanity at the largest measure.
The UN Security Council Needs to Step Up and Fund the UN Humanitarian Elements in the DPRK
That the UN SC has created starvation sanctions against the DPRK and not properly funded the World Food Program and UNICEF is despicable behaviour. Not even one third of needs have been met. Those lives are on the leaders of member states in the UNSC. No matter how many times the UNSC issues statements to say that it is not punishing the ordinary civilians of the DPRK it is outright fibbing at the expense of thousands of lives, particularly children. Shameful political nonsense. With this kind of human rights violations the UNSC is collectively committing crimes against humanity. For this there is no mitigation.
When will the ships be leaving for the DPRK with food and medicines for children and their families? WHEN?
Additional reading on this Specific Topic.
- Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Hit Ball Out of Park – Singapore Success
- Singapore Summit: Trump & Kim, Earth’s Dangerous Men
- Kim Jong-Un in Singapore: Trump Tweeting G7 Insults
- Lift UN Sanctions Harming North Korean Women & Children
- Sexual Violence in Dictatorships like North Korea & Philippines
- Putting Lipstick on Pigs Meeting in Singapore
- Trump Administration Starves & Kills Children: UN
- White House Generals Prepare for Nuclear War
- Happy Mothers Day 2018, a Year of Intense Femicide
- India Displays Great Hate for Females
- Global Cognitive Dissonance in North Korea, a Made-in-USA Mess
- UNSC Responsibility for Maintaining Peace – António Guterres
- Worry about mothers & babies in North Korea
- USA/DPRK It’s Time to Talk
- UN Sec.-Gen. Salutes ‘Iran Deal’ Anniversary
- Canada Hosts a North Korea Flogging Session
- Make us Happy. Negotiate to Denuclearize Earth.
- Naval Blockade of North Korea kills Chastity, Dignity, Humanitarianism
- UN Chief Urges Korean Peninsula Diplomacy
- Possible Truce with DPRK say Women
- Pay Attention to DPRK @ 68th UN-CEDAW Session
- Trump Agrees DPRK Folks Special-Ivanka Denies Dad’s Bad.
- Possibility of NKorea striking USA is Propaganda Bunk.
- UN Sanctions Killing North Koreans. Pyongyang to drop A-bomb. Stop this, say Women
- RINJ Women Propose Solution to USA-NK Nuke War
- Global Women to Dotard & Rocketman: Stand Down