“I would advise people to find another country to seek refuge … because here the law is very tough. People don’t have a heart,” Guatemalan Nurse Buena Ventura Martin-Godinez said with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Your child is a treasure and to have them separated is very painful.”
Migrant Children Follow-up:
Happy/Sad Story of a Migrant Family and Child Reunification – Mother get’s her baby back but Dad is in prison awaiting deportation.
At the end of June a federal judge in California ordered U.S. immigration authorities to reunite separated families on the border within 30 days of June 26, describing the Donald Trump administration’s handling of the crisis as attempts “to address a chaotic circumstance of the government’s own making.”
A preliminary injunction from U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw in San Diego said ‘children younger than 5 must be reunified within 14 days of the order’ issued last week on Tuesday
Madame Judge Sabraw issued a nationwide injunction on future family separations unless the parent is deemed unfit or doesn’t want to be with the child. It also requires the government to provide phone contact between parents and their children within 10 days
On June 28 this was (AP) Josh Repogle’s report (below) from Homestead, Florida about a little girl and her mom separated since May 16, 2018.
Associated Press’s Josh Repogle reports from Homestead Florida
Following a federal court judge’s order that Trump must return children to their families within 30 days, nurse-mom and her daughter are back together.
This Sunday the little girl and her mother were reunited at Miami Airport.
Feminine-Perspective: Thank you Madam U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw
Additional reading on this topic:
- Trump Policy Snared 658 Migrant Children May 6-19 – May 30, 2018 – Parents of migrant children endangered in unstable homelands seek asylum in the USA. Under Trump policy children are confiscated from parents (says Jeff Sessions) & often abused (says ACLU) & lost by Homeland Security/ORR (says HSS’s Steven Wagner).
- UN Says Violations Against Children: Up – June 28, 2018 by Melissa Hemingway – “Just as disturbed men torture, rape and kill each other’s wives and daughters they in the 21st Century also torture, rape and kill each other’s children. These are not soldiers but slovenly cowards who must be stopped and their pursuits left …
- Migrants: Trump EO to Stop new Child-Family Separations – June 20, 2018 by Sharon Santiago – Donald Trump, HS Sec Nielsen and VP Pence. Photo: CNN Live Screen Capture Hours ago at 3:04 PM EST, Donald Trump talked about keeping families together as if he invented the idea. He signed an executive …
- Caged Children Stolen by Trump from their Moms – June 20, 2018 by RINJ Trump Alleges “Illegal Migrants” Then Takes their Kids Outrage has begun to spread around the world at the ghoulish chaos done by dregs of bad TV and trash tabloids now running the United States. America elected as its leadership a
- 11,000 Children in US Concentration Camps –– June 18, 2018 by Melissa Hemingway – The RINJ Foundation Women are demanding that the US Administration stop separating children from their mothers at the US borders with Mexico and Canada. An official complaint has been filed with the Office of the UN Human Rights Commissioner.
- UN Human Rights Complaint Against Trump For Confiscation of Migrant Kids (In Depth) – May 27, 2018 by RINJ last update May 28 14:20Z by Melissa Hemingway, @MelisaHemingway Feminine-Perspective Staff Last week the Civil Society organization The RINJ Foundation filed a human rights complaint with the UN human rights commissioner against the Trump administration. Here’s why. The Human Rights Violators Photo: Donald Trump
- Families Belong Together March: Now Across USA – June 30, 2018 by Sharon Santiago The March is on Now to Protest Trump’s Abuse of Children fleeing threats of rape, gang violence and political persecution. Across the United States starting a couple hours ago and spreading westward, women are taking to the streets in many cities
- Trump Quits UNHRC, Tacitly Admits Human Rights Crimes (In Depth) – June 19, 2018 by Melissa Hemingway – By withdrawing from the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) the USA admits it has committed serious human rights violations that put the country in jeopardy. This opens a pandora’s box of human rights grievances around the world against the United …
- Trump Admin uses Apostle Paul Justifying Child Abuse June 14, 2018 by Melissa Hemingway – Anyone caught ripping a baby from her mother’s arms needs a trip to the woodshed, and then some. Anyone who claims God made them do that, should be locked-up in a looney bin. Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III is an American politician … Continue reading →