Pompeo talks of US war against Turkey, NATO
If populations are slaughtered by atomic weapons, or starvation, what is the moral difference for the perpetrators in either case?
Will Trump’s America now do both? It is already starving over 150 million civilians with sanctions. America today is threatening to start a major war in Syria which it occupies with Turkey, Russia, Iran, Syria’s Assad-Regime and about 14 terrorist organizations.
Prior to the Civil War, oil and natural gas resources in northeast Syria produced a reported 400,000 barrels of oil per day. Additionally the area produced 8 billion cubic meters of natural gas annually.
Syrian oil reserves estimated at around 2.5 billion barrels are located in the area precariously occupied by U.S. military forces.
At one time in 2015, it was believed that Turkey was drawing the resources of northeast Syria into Turkey where President Erdogan’s family benefited substantially. This annoyed Russia and America.
Important considerations behind Pompeo threatening war against Turkey.
- Hours ago, US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo told CNBC that the United States is prepared to go to war against Turkey. He said Trump will soon be explaining this in more detail. Meanwhile America may also have a war brewing in the South China Sea say sources in Beijing, because of an American quasi-act-of-war while conducting military exercises in Philippines/Chinese coastal regions in the last few days and hours.
- According to sources within the US military who asked not to be identified, controlling the northeast region of Syria was the prime reason for the United States’ illegal occupation of part of Syria.
- Talk about Cold War era nuclear gravity bombs being located at Incirlik Air Base in Turkey is just that, talk. FPMag sources believe those weapons were moved from Incirlik based on a contingency plan created during the Obama administration. The last shipment out of Incirlik would have been about a year and a half ago. But Turkey has no problem acquiring nuclear weapons of its own, unless it already has its own weapons. Cite: Turkey_Bomb_Full_Text
- NATO policy, Article 5, is that if any member nation is attacked, all NATO members must consider to be attacked and come to the defence of the NATO member under attack. If members do not follow through, NATO ends, say some observers and also that is the conventional thinking for over six decades.
Background on Pompeo May Explain the Importance of NE Syria
While running for US congressman in 2010, he earned the nickname the “Congressman from Koch” because of the extreme backing of the Koch brothers, of the Wichita, Kansas district. That was the beginning of a fund-raising empire that’s now among America’s most controlling forces in US elections.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, is reportedly now the all time top recipient of cash money from Koch Industries, a $110 billion (annual sales) oil and gas refining; oil and gas distribution; exploration; drilling; and pipelines. Koch industries is in the top two largest privately owned American corporations. It is based in Wichita, Kansas as is Pompeo.
Northeastern Syria is an important region to Pompeo and Koch. This area contains 95 percent of all Syrian oil and gas potential-including al-Omar, the country’s largest oil field.
In addition to Syria’s largest oil field, the U.S. and its proxies in northeast Syria control the Conoco gas plant producing nearly 50 million cubic feet of gas per day.
I’m not sure who Trump is referring to, but I’m travelling with Defense Secretary Esper and cant recall the quote Trump is using. While speaking with us Enroute to Afghanistan, Esper also made no mention of new areas being resettled with Kurds or oil. pic.twitter.com/VAN9IQ13At
– Idrees Ali (@idreesali114) October 20, 2019
First of all. Trump has shown he is all bark no bite & is not prepared to take military action against anyone.
Second of all. This is INSANE. They are a NATO
ally. Trump gave them a green light to pursue this operation. What is Pompeo talking about? https://t.co/XbDa6U5kad
– Ilan Goldenberg (@ilangoldenberg) October 21, 2019