Murder of Qassem Suleimani distracts from Trump impeachment. Coincidence?
Curious & coincidental timing of two monstrous global events suggest they may be related. The events set out below raise many serious questions for the safety of women and children around the world. The personal matters of one single man have risked putting billions of lives in jeopardy.
- The release in the midst of impeachment procedures by a US Court of hundreds of emails inculpating Donald Trump in a crime; and
- Simultaneously Donald Trump orders the US Military to conduct an act of all-out-war, an attack and killing of Iraqi and Iranian officials in Baghdad.
The outcome could well be global war and Trump’s removal from office.
- Murdered Major General Qassem Suleimani (11 March 1957 – 3 January 2020) killed by America has been an effective war fighting leader against all actions in which Iran and Iraq have been involved in recent conflicts. Read FPMag’s report“Who are the al-Hashd ash-Shahbi Shia Component of the Iraqi Military—The Short Version”on the background activities of Shia Militias in Iraq and elsewhere.
- Murdered Jamal Jafaar Mohammed Ali Ebrahimi, known by the moniker Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, was a 66-year-old Iraqi military commander who headed the al-?ashd ash-Sha?bi Shia component of the Iraqi Military, which is active against ISIS, al Nusra, al Qaeda, and Harakat Sham al-Islam in alliance with the United States Coalition.
- The murders were ordered by Donald Trump who is a US President who won his first and only electoral win in a 2016 Presidential Election with substantial help from the Kremlin in Russia. Trump has been impeached in 2019 through a set of explosive testimonials by his own officials giving evidence before a Congressional investigative impeachment hearing. An impeachment trial yet to be scheduled in the US Senate has as its prelude the release of extremely damning evidence of further crimes Trump is alleged to have committed.
- In an instruction to cover this story, FPMag Editor Micheal John who has covered 11 wars for Canadian defence and foreign affairs media since 1986 wrote, “Two sides engaged in acts of war against each other, Iran and the United States have embroiled Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel and Saudi Arabia in tensions that could lead to global war. This will be a distributed urban war that could go to a whole new level.”
Sudden Revelations against Trump are devastating to his Senate Impeachment Case.
A legal action allowed by the US Freedom of Information Act brought by the Center for Public Integrity resulted in a Court Order saying the federal government must turn over 300 pages of email messages.
“The messages suggest a cover-up of the fact that the US Defence Department repeatedly asked why the military aid for the Ukraine was being held up and that such delays could cause the loss of the money via the Treasury invoking its rights to seize unspent funds under the Impoundment Control Act as budget deadlines were exceeded. Also, the act of undermining a Congressional directive is illegal,” says an FPMag legal advisor who has read many of the redacted and non-redacted versions of the messages.
The core of the case against US President Donald Trump is based on Trump leveraging Ukraine to do him personal “favours” by putting a hold on a $391 million (USD) Congressionally mandated military-aid package to Ukraine which violated US law.
As 2020 began on 1 January, the United States White House apparently lost control over some watershed emails pointing to many officials who were flagging unlawful acts of interfering with congressionally mandated funding of military purchases for the Ukraine.
“These emails further expose the serious concerns raised by Trump administration officials about the propriety and legality of the president’s decision to cut off aid to Ukraine to benefit himself,” Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said.
“Clear direction from POTUS to continue to hold” funds mandated for Ukraine.
On or about 25 July 2019, the day of Donald Trump’s infamous telephone conversation with Ukraine President Zelenskyy, Michael Duffey, associate director of national security programmes sent an email to top senior defence officials:
“Based on guidance I have received and in light of the Administration’s plan to review assistance to Ukraine, including the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, please hold off on any additional DOD obligations of these funds, pending direction from that process. I understand that DOD will continue its planning and casework during this period and that this brief pause in obligations will not preclude DOD’s timely execution of the final policy direction.
“We intend to formalize the pause with an apportionment footnote to be provided later today.
“Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute the direction. Please let me know if you have any questions.”
This raised questions from other officials asking if the Defence Department’s general counsel had been consulted before the instruction was released. The emails suggest a complex effort to cover up the fact that Trump knew what he was doing was illegal and that he had been advised accordingly.
In the wake of these emails’ release, President Trump breaches established strategy and ordered a strike against Iraqi & Iranian officials in Iraq.
“Until now, the Pentagon has been urging for war against Iran while at the same time President Donald Trump has favoured avoidance of war. But impeachment by the US House of Representatives has changed Trump’s thinking,” observes says Saif Abdul-Ahad, FPMag correspondent in Baghdad.
“At the direction of the President, the U.S. military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization.
“General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region. General Soleimani and his Quds Force were responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American and coalition service members and the wounding of thousands more. He had orchestrated attacks on coalition bases in Iraq over the last several months – including the attack on December 27th – culminating in the death and wounding of additional American and Iraqi personnel. General Soleimani also approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad that took place this week.
“This strike was aimed at deterring future Iranian attack plans. The United States will continue to take all necessary action to protect our people and our interests wherever they are around the world.
“FPMag sources in Baghdad and in Tehran claim that the Pentagon and its military industrial complex plus Great Britain are building a greater war-fighting presence in Iraq in order to go to war against Iran, a war they will fight from Iraq, killing Iraqi and Iranian civilians with little or no risk to Americans or British but turning the Middle East into a holocaust.”—read: USA violates Iraq to a new extreme
Some form of preliminary justification for the attack was contained in a statement issued by the Pentagon 8 hours ago.
“U.S. forces in Iraq were attacked Dec. 27 near Kirkuk by Kataeb Hezbollah, a group with links to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard’s Quds Force. The attack, which involved 31 rockets fired, killed one American civilian contractor and injured four American service members as well as two partners in the Iraqi security forces,” Defence Secretary Dr. Mark T. Esper said Thursday.
“The U.S. military responded, and took defensive actions by striking KH bases in western Iraq and western Syria, striking a combination of the command and control [center] or weapons caches with considerable effect,” Esper said during a press gaggle in the Pentagon Thursday. “The attacks were quite successful.”
“Iranian Major-General Qassem Soleimani, leader of the elite Quds Force and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis were killed late on Thursday in an air strike on their convoy near Baghdad airport,” an Iraqi militia spokesman told FPMag writer Bahar Abbasi.
US Embassy in Baghdad comes under siege on New Years Eve and New Year’s day in response to US bombing of Iraqi militia in Iraq. Shia Militia sources say they have called for a cessation of protest and general calm since, as they say, “the point has already been made”.
Contiguous to the events at the US Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq, Iranian Major-General Qassem Soleimani, leader of the elite Quds Force and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis were killed late on Thursday in an air strike on their convoy near Baghdad airport, an Iraqi militia spokesman told FPMag writer Bahar Abbasi.
“The Americans have responded by sending an immediate 750 special forces (Immediate Response Force of the 82nd Airborne Division) to defend the Embassy and another three thousand troops to join the 5000 already in the country,” says Saif Abdul-Ahad, FPMag correspondent.