Civil Society CEO makes $50M plea to the world to support WHO
“Women-led nations are beating COVID-19 but not without WHO,” says the CEO of the world’s largest international women’s rights group. Civil Society is seldom heard but today is speaking out with the voice of millions of women.
The CEO of the leading global women’s civil society group has made a plea on behalf of the organization’s three million members to the world’s wealthiest men and women to each make a 50 million dollar contribution to the World Health Organization (WHO ).
In a humanitarian plea for action, the highly respected CEO of The RINJ Foundation was much kinder to the American President Trump who just terminated American financial support for the World Health Organization and in a 180 degree reversal attacked China’s President blaming him for America’s abominably disastrous response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Donald Trump’s reputation has taken a brutal pounding for the desperate state of America which is suffering immensely with more than 26000 deaths this month from the COVID-19 outbreak.
“Before the end of April 2020 the number of cases in the United States will exceed one million and some 6 to 7 percent of those cases may result in death based on the current trajectory and the aging of existing cases, plus a 6-day doubling of reported cases that may become shorter before improving”, said the RINJ CEO. See: Canvass of Billionaires to each donate 50 Million to WHO, on the women’s rights group website.
According to the statement published on its web site, RINJ is defending the World Health Organization in some very compelling arguments numbered 1 to 8.
“Why the world cannot allow WHO to financially collapse.”
- “America is failing in its response to the SARS-CoV-2 spread and will need help from the WHO. For whatever reason, and it is America’s choice, it will not pay its share of World Health costs or does not want to do so. So be it. Other’s must come to the endeavour.
- “Countries that have weak health care systems and even corrupt governments, consequently mismanaging a response to the COVID-19 epidemic, like the Philippines in South East Asia for example, may at some point admit they desperately need support from the World Health Organization. Alternatively they will fail in a collapsed kleptocracy that has no more money to steal. Millions will die of starvation as failed economies never rebuild and disease takes over. Revolution follows which will only have a bad outcome and again re-spread the virus all over the world. That’s just one of many scenarios, some better, some worse, none good. The World Health Organization is the only group that offers a course of action of last means for health emergencies.
- “A health care solution is the only way ahead for solving a pandemic; military solutions being the worst possible methods—a fact that is emerging in shuttered alleyways in the Philippines where the smell of death will be (and has been) leaking out the cracks and crevices of overpopulated ghettoed-inner-city-shanty populations.
- “The outbreak of COVID-19 is barely nudging an incipient stage in Africa and the potential for global resurgence of the coronavirus pandemic will never go away until every nation suppresses the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- “Countries like Malaysia and Indonesia which have done a remarkable job of fighting COVID-19 do so with few medical resources. They should be able to seek counsel and physical support from WHO. That was why WHO was created.
- “China and Russia have delivered thousands of tons of medical supplies to over 100 countries. South Korea has also stepped up. These nations have their own problems and yet they make up the core of an incipient movement toward global human solidarity that is coalescing truly strong, truly great nations.
- “Another disease has resurfaced in a new more dangerous variant: Ebola. We need WHO ,”and finally, he said,
- “Only the World Health Organization is equipped with the know-how and medical leadership to solve these problems. And let’s face it, this is dirty work nobody else wants to do.”