“Leaders around the world must immediately commit themselves to renewed cooperation in the many ways and venues available for reducing existential risk.
“Citizens should organize to demand that their leaders do so, and quickly.
“The doorstep of doom is no place to loiter,” is a quote from the atomic scientists who operate the “Doomsday Clock“. It is now 100 seconds before midnight.
- The global food supply chain is a failed system while the grain shipments from the world’s bread basket, Ukraine and Russia, have virtually stopped. Already the signs of starvation in regions hardest hit are driving people to anger, frustration and conflict. Higher fuel costs and scarcity of grains and fertilizer are exacerbating a problem that was already in place because of the global COVID-19 Pandemic.
- “Nuclear war is closer now than in all history,” says Simon Baldock, an Israeli security analyst. FPMag looks at some of the reasons anyone might say that, including the atomic scientists.
- Two notorious crime families will take over the Philippines using a monstrous campaign of lies. Some estimates suggest the Duterte and Marcos families have killed far more people in extrajudicial killings than have died thus far in the US proxy war against Russia in Ukraine.
- The Solomon Islands, a sovereign nation in Oceania since 1978, which is signing a security agreement with China has now come under criticism by the USA and Australia (AUKUS too?). Solomon Islands government officials said in March that “contrary to the misinformation promoted by antigovernmental commentators, the agreement did not invite China to establish a military base.” Anti-government commentators would then apparently include Australia’s Scott Morrison who says he (obviously believing he has the power to decide internal affairs for China and the Solomons) will prevent China from building a military base in the Solomon Islands.
“Our government is conscious of the security ramification of hosting a military base, and it will not be careless to allow such initiative to take place under its watch,” a statement by Solomons officials said.
The United States has declared that it will use its proxy status in Ukraine to weaken Russia. Russia has responded saying that interference in its military operation in Ukraine will be dealt with harshly, and a nuclear response remains an option starting with tactical nuclear weapons and then strategic nukes. Lately in the war that began on 24 February, America has been helping Ukraine kill senior commanders, Russian Generals, and Russia has been striking massive weapons shipments from the United States with missiles, inside Ukraine. As Tulsi Gabbard says, “Biden has brought America to war with Russia.”
- Recent satellite images indicate China is in the midst of seven major construction projects on its military base upon what is called Subic Reef but in fact is a substantial man-made island in Palawan Province of the Philippines in the Spratly Islands. By China’s claim, Subi Reef falls under the de facto jurisdiction of Nansha islands, Sansha city, Hainan province, China.
- It is nearing the time when China’s massive two new landing craft, Yushen-class landing helicopter assault ships (at 40,000 tons each), allegedly designed and built by Hudong–Zhonghua Shipbuilding yards presumably for an invasion of Taiwan, are in the midst of sea trials. One vessel is nearing readiness for commissioning and the other just having started trials last December. The first vessel of the class of three is in service since a year ago in late April and on 2 March 2022, was declared as being fully mission capable. It is believed in some quadrants that China has put the Taiwan invasion on hold awaiting these preparations. Readiness at the very earliest is presumed to be the first half of 2023 according to some China watchers like Janes. But another thread of thought suggests that the training exercises aboard the first-in-class vessel will cause the readiness-acceleration of the remaining two vessels once their sea trials and final fittings are complete.