Comment: What do you think about Volodymyr Zelensky as an American Yo-Yo spinning Earth toward war?
“President Biden made clear that the United States and its allies and partners will respond decisively if Russia further invades Ukraine,” says Jen Psaki, the White House press flak, a highly respected politicrat in some circles.
Russian foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, a highly respected diplomat, said that “if the West continues its aggressive line, Russia will be forced to take all necessary measures to ensure strategic balance and eliminate unacceptable threats to our security”.
- American wars must be stopped, USA held accountable in 2022
- West must stop Shelling Donetsk/Luhansk or Russia Must Invade: Editorial
Volodymyr Zalensky and the background of many of the officials in Kiev running Ukraine are worthy of note for TV watchers of comedy but scaring the bejeebers out of anyone with a sane, rational mind and at least PolySci-101 in their education.
Zalensky has surrounded himself with comics from his past work. We once called that “Peter’s Principal” where men rise to a level of occupational incompetence as they ascend the ladder of increasing responsibility in hierarchical organizations, surrounding themselves with morons who cannot challenge their own stupidity.
“We are trying to work hard because we wanted to ‘drain the swamp’ here in our country [Ukraine],” said Zalensky to Donald Trump, playing into one of Trump’s favourite campaign slogans. “We brought in many many new people. Not the old politicians, not the typical politicians, [but these comedians have no clue to what they should be doing] because we want to have a new format and a new type of government. You are a great teacher for us and in that,” Zalensky told US President Donald Trump on 25 July, 2019.
“You are a great teacher for us and in that,” Zelensky really said that to Trump, talking about bringing puppet-clowns into Zelensky’s government to run the Ukraine while America pulled the strings.
President Zalensky, as a comedian running the United States’-owned puppet government in Ukraine, talked about another clown on the international stage, recently, on Twitter.
“The first international talk of the year with President Biden proves the special nature of our relations.”
This, while Biden is arming Ukrainian soldiers and providing American military troops, such that since 2014, thousands of ordinary citizens of the Donetsk People’s Republic and the Luhansk People’s Republic are being bombed and shelled in their homes.
Zalensky is being told he should be angry at these people because they have exercised their right of self determination and have separated from the Ukraine to form their own republics, so kill them?
Zalensky is a dumb-dumb under the total control of the United States’ White House. That is how and why this seemingly genuine Ukraine patriot is dragging the world into a nuclear conflict. He is incomparably unfit for his job and like “Peter’s Principal” has surrounded himself not with the best and the brightest but people who will support him, folks from his TV comic career. Both America and Russia have said they are keeping the nuclear option open in Eastern Europe where America is trying to take full control of the nations on Russia’s border.
Everything Joe Biden has done on the international stage has been reminiscent of Dr. Strangelove-era thinking. Biden is stuck in a moment he cannot get out from.
Starting a war with Russia does not have the colour of right.
Whereas Vladimir Putin is a ruthless leader in favour of his beloved Russia, he does regret the fall of the Soviet Union. Maybe we all should. The Soviets kept the world balanced, not that Russia is a tiny influence in the world but it lost many of its territories in the breakup of the Soviet Union. Trying to keep a family apart, given the unique way of thinking in Russia, is a deadly dangerous game. Russians exhibit a certain oneness that goes back a long time and is rarely seen elsewhere in the world.
Hitler killing 25 million Russians, mostly civilians, mostly women and children, bonded Russians.
I had hoped for years with all my heart to be at the 75th anniversary of the Russian victory over those Nazi bastards. COVID-19 ended that opportunity. The stories my grandfather told me from his perspective, and those of my mother and father who fought the Nazis in WWII, are in my head but also in my gut. May God bless Russian veterans and their families who helped end that rein of Nazi horror. I worry I see the same hegemony from America, however.
But the recall of those memories is to understand how Russians bonded so strongly as a united family. Russians are that way today. We have many Russian neighbours in Canada. Living in the same latitudes, Russians and Canadians, as direct neighbours along the longest of icy, now watery, borders, are birds of a feather to some extent.
Yes, I have talked to Russian Millennials who think that is just nutty thinking, and that the Russian government under Vladimir Putin is a bunch of crooks. But all Millennials think the same things about all governments. That happens everywhere. The Millennial cynicisms are to be welcomed and may make them more studied voters, activists, journalists, scholars, authors, hopefully.
Putin was very bad-ass in his day. He grew up in a world where the West wanted him dead, every minute of every day. Has anything changed? America and Russia were becoming good allies for a time since the Berlin Wall fell, but that is all gone. Very much gone. They are on the brink of nuclear war according to the GOP in America as Trump is the preferred replacement for Biden either by insurrection soon or a vote in 2024.
Yeah. The lunatics are taking over.
When we were all young we acted out, I think, but mellow over time. Putin has mellowed plenty, becoming the quintessential statesman, and while there is much to criticize, he has also fought intelligently and ferociously to achieve the best for his country and his people.
That Putin’s term in power has been authoritarian, like a benevolent dictator, there is no doubt. But without him, Russia would have been torn to pieces by the jackals and the whole world would be a very different place today.
Humanity cannot afford to lose the extraordinary culture of Russia and its enduring traditions in philosophy, literature, classical music and ballet, architecture unseen in any other part of the world, and its extraordinary modern visual arts.
That is something to think about as we watch the clowns in the West play their games as a distraction from the horrific failures they have been during the global pandemic that is killing millions, unstoppably, as the rich get richer hording vaccines away from Africa and Asia.
Look at North America today. Look at the sad, sick, North Americans dying in massive numbers as their governments try to convince us that slow killing Julian Assange is more important; that oil profits mean more than a clean Earth for our kids; that the massive human catastrophe left behind in Afghanistan doesn’t matter; that more nuclear weapons are needed in Europe and Asia; that we should all hate people of any colour.
Now its “deoligarchization” we should all focus on instead of our massively f-ed-up governments and the people who buy their power for them.
“The first international talk of the year with @POTUS proves the special nature of our relations. Joint actions of Ukraine,USA and partners in keeping peace in Europe, preventing further escalation, reforms, deoligarchization were discussed. We appreciate the unwavering support of Ukraine,” said Volodymyr Zalensky on 3 January in a Tweet, where all comedians announce their foreign policy victories.
Russia Has Army Soldiers, tanks, jeeps, armoured personnel carriers in Russia says the United States’ Biden administration. And this means that Russia is about to attack any time now, they say. So let’s just forget the incompetence in Washington that is killing American friends and family and think about how mean Russia might be.
Agreed. It is a horrible thing that so much money is spent on weapons by America and Russia while Africa has so few vaccines except what Russia and China have donated and the pittance America has thrown in.
Russia indeed needs to be ready because what Washington is not telling anyone is that it is killing kids again, this time in the Donbass region of Eastern Europe. They are ethnic Russian kids and their parents after years of this are out for blood.
Biden is what must be stopped to prevent war. This is all one great sneaky diversion from American malfeasance.
Photo Credit: Professor John J. Mearsheimer, University of Chicago. America has fueled armed conflict in the Donbass region and others. So too has Russia in an effort it says to protect the Russian people there. The American propaganda is the unquestioned content of American media and the public believes the lies. Half of what was Ukraine before the Ukraine Revolution of 2014, is ethnic Russian or Russian speaking.
Appendix: Trump Zelensky talk referenced earlier.
Donald Trump Memorandum Of Telephone Conversation
Subject: Telephone Conversation with President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine
Notetakers: The White House Situation Room
Date, Time July 25, 2019, 9:03-9:33 am EDT and Place: Residence
- President Donald Trump: Congratulations on a great victory. We all watched from the United States and you did a terrific job. The way you came from behind, somebody who wasn’t given much of a chance, and you ended up winning easily. It’s a fantastic achievement. Congratulations.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: You are absolutely right Mr. President. We did win big and we worked hard for this. We worked a lot but I would like to confess to you that I had an opportunity to learn from you. We used quite a few of your skills and knowledge and were able to use it as an example for our elections and yes it is true that these were unique elections. We were in a unique situation that we were able to achieve a unique success. I’m able to tell you the following; the first time you called me to congratulate me when I won my Presidential election, and the second time you are now calling me when my party won the parliamentary election. I think I should run more often so you can call me more often and we can talk over the phone more often.
- President Donald Trump: (laughter) That’s a very good idea. I think your country is very happy about that.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Well yes, to tell you the truth, we are trying to work hard because we wanted to drain the swamp here in our country. We brought in many many new people. Not the old politicians, not the typical politicians, because we want to have a new format and a new type of government. You are a great teacher for us and in that.
- President Donald Trump: Well it is very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it’s something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she ·doesn’t do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it’s something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn’t say that it’s reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I’m very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.
- President Donald Trump: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly. That I can assure you.
- President Donald Trump: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what’s happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it… It sounds horrible to me.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I’m knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case. On top of that, I would kindly ask you if you have any additional information that you can provide to us, it would be very helpful for the investigation to make sure that we administer justice in our country with regard to the Ambassador to the United States from Ukraine as far as I recall her name was Ivanovich. It was great that you were the first one who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%. Her attitude towards me was far from the best as she admired the previous President and she was on his side. She would not accept me as a new President well enough.
- President Donald Trump: Well, she’s going to go through some things. I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I’m sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your economy is going to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets. It’s a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, their incredible people.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: I would like to tell you that I also have quite a few Ukrainian friends that live in the United States. Actually last time I traveled to the United States, I stayed in New York near Central Park and I stayed at the Trump Tower. I will talk to them and I hope to see them again in the future. I also wanted to thank you for your invitation to visit the United States, specifically Washington DC. On the other hand, I also want to ensure you that we will be very serious about the case and will work on the investigation. As to the economy, there is much potential for our two countries and one of the issues that is very important for Ukraine is energy independence. I believe we can be very successful and cooperating on energy independence with United States. We are already working on cooperation. We are buying American oil but I am very hopeful for a future meeting. We will have more time and more opportunities to discuss these opportunities and get to know each other better. I would like to thank you very much for your support.
- President Donald Trump: Good. Well, thank you very much and I appreciate that. I will tell Rudy and Attorney General Barr to call. Thank you. Whenever you would like to come to the White House, feel free to call. Give us a date and we’ll work that out. I look forward to seeing you.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Thank you very much. I would be very happy to come and would be happy to meet with you personally and get to know you better. I am looking forward to our meeting and I also would like to invite you to visit Ukraine and come to the city of Kyiv which is a beautiful city. We have a beautiful country which would welcome you. On the other hand, I believe that on September 1 we will be in Poland and we can meet in Poland hopefully. After that, it might be a very good idea for you to travel to Ukraine. We can either take my plane and go to Ukraine or we can take your plane, which is probably much better than mine.
- President Donald Trump: Okay, we can work that out. I look forward to seeing you in Washington and maybe in Poland because I think we are going to be there at that time.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Thank you very much Mr. President.
- President Donald Trump: Congratulations on a fantastic job you’ve done. The whole world was watching. I’m not sure it was so much of an upset but congratulations.
- President Volodymyr Zelensky: Thank you Mr. President bye-bye.